Please contact us if you would like further information
on any of our publications listed.
- Hunt A. A guide to the Measurement of Force. 104pp. Institute of Measurement and Control, London. ISBN 0 904457 28 1.
- Hunt (2014c); Weighing without Touching: Applying Electrical Capacitance Tomography to Mass Flowrate Measurement in Multiphase Flows; Measurement and Control February 2014 47: 19-25.
- Hunt A. (2013a) In-well flow metering: where are we on the technology map? SPE Inwell Flow Seminar Aberdeen, 22 October 2013.
- Hunt A. (2012c) The history (and questions for the future) of ECT in multiphase flow measurement. Keynote at “100 years of Electrical Imaging”, Mines Paristech, Paris France, 9-10 July 2012
- Hunt A. (2012b) Is Electrical Capacitance Tomography ready for Oilfield Application? SCADA2012,
Pau France 13-14 June 2012
- Hunt A. (2012a) Waves, slugs and ghosts in gas-liquid pipe flow. Presented at “From Bent Layers to Broken waves” University of Southampton, 28-29 March 2012.
- Azzopardi B.J, Azzi A, Abdulkreem L.A, Langston P.A. and Hunt A. (2011) Fluidized bed behaviour investigated with electrical capacitance tomography. MFIP12, Ischia, Sept. 21-23, 2011
- Hunt A, Abdulkareem LA and Azzopardi BJ. (2010) Measurement of Dynamic Properties of Vertical Gas-Liquid Flows. 7th International Conference on Multiphase Flow ICMF 2010, Tampa, FL USA, May 30-June 4, 2010 HuntAA-ICMF2010.pdf
- Azzopardi B.J, Hampel U. and Hunt A. (2009) Pipe dream – electrical tomography techniques for investigating gas/liquid flows. The Chemical Engineer issue 820, October 2009 pp39-41.
- Byars M and Hunt A. (2009) How to calculate accurate concentration profiles in two-phase flows using electrical capacitance tomography. Invited lecture, Dept of Mathematics Inverse Problems Sandpit, April 23-24 2009, University of Leeds, UK.
- Azzopardi BJ, Abdulkareem LA, Zhao D, Thiele S, da Silva MJ, Beyer M and Hunt A. (2009) Comparison between electrical capacitance tomography and wire mesh sensor output for air/silicone oil flow in a vertical pipe. 3rd International Workshop on Process Tomography (IWPT-3), Tokyo, Japan. May 2009.
- Azzopardi BJ, Jackson K, Robinson JP, Kaji R, Byars M and Hunt A. (2008) Fluctuations in dense phase pneumatic conveying of pulverised coal measured using electrical capacitance tomography. Chemical Engineering Science 63 (2008) 2548–2558.
- Hunt A, Pendleton J and Ladam Y. (2004) Visualisation of two-phase gas-liquid pipe flow using electrical capacitance tomography. ESDA 2004-58396, 7th biennial ASME conference, July 19-22 2004, Manchester UK. HuntPL2004.pdf
- Hunt A, Pendleton J and Byars M. (2004) Non-intrusive measurement of volume and mass using electrical capacitance tomography. ESDA 2004-58398, 7th biennial ASME conference, July 19-22 2004, Manchester UK. HuntPB2004.pdf
- Hunt A., Pendleton J. and Byars M. (2003) Measurement of velocity and mass of moving structures in industrial flows using electrical capacitance tomography. Medical Applications of Electrical Impedance Tomography, UMIST, Manchester UK, 23-25 April 2003.
- Hunt A. (2003) Mass measurement of moving objects using electrical capacitance tomography. Presented by Ron Sangster. Force and Hardness Group Annual Meeting, National Physical Laboratory, Teddington UK. 13 May 2003.
- Hunt A, Pendleton J.D. and White R.B. (2003) A novel tomographic flow analysis system. 3rd World Congress on Industrial Process Tomography, Banff, Canada.
- Hunt A. (1999) Dynamic torque update. In Proc Torque 99, Solihull May 19, 1999.
- Hou R., Hunt A. and Williams R.A. (1998) Acoustic monitoring of hydrocyclone performance. Minerals Engineering, 11, 1047-1059, 1998
- Hunt A. (1997) Micro-sensor applications in petroleum drilling and completion. In Proc. IEE Colloq. ‘Microengineering and the petrochemical industry’, 23 Jan 1997.
- Hunt A. (1997) Sensor installation and use in an industrial environment. In Proc. EPSRC meeting ‘Process sensors for soft solids and particulate systems’, Leeds 16 Dec. 1997.
- Dickin F.J., Hoyle B.S., Hunt A. et al (1992) Tomographic imaging of industrial process equipment: techniques and applications. IEE ProcG 139(1) 72-82. Paper jointly awarded the IEE 1993 Ambrose Fleming Premium.
- Couet B., Brown P., and Hunt A. (1991) Two-phase bubbly-droplet flow through a contraction: experiments and a unified model. Int. J. Multiphase Flow 17, (3) 291-307.
- Thorn R., Huang S.M., Xie C.G., Salkeld J.A., Hunt A., and Beck M.S. (1990) Flow imaging for multi-component flow measurement. Flow Meas. Instr. 2, Oct 1990
- Kowe R., Hunt J.C.R., Hunt A., Couet B., and Bradbury L.J.S. (1988) The effects of bubbles on the volume fluxes and the pressure gradients in unsteady and non-uniform flow of fluids. Int. J. of Multiphase Flow 14 (5) 587-606.
- Hunt A (2005) Measuring the mass flowrate of solids using electrical capacitance tomography. The Institute of Measurement and Control Thompson Memorial Lecture, February 2005, Royal Society, London, UK.
- Hunt A. (1995) Beyond Flowmetering – some measurement challenges in the upstream oil and gas industry. Keynote speech, ECAPT 95, Bergen.
- Hunt A. (1984) Experimental techniques and instrumentation for bluff body aerodynamics. Invited lecturer, Series 1984-08 Von Karman Inst. for Fluid Dynamics, belgium
- Hunt A. (1982) The influence of boundary layer characteristics on pressure distributions on model buildings in wind tunnel simulations of wind effects. Invited Lecturer, Series 1982-06 Von Karman Inst. for Fluid Dynamics, Belgium.
Research Reviews and Reports
- DTI Project DE07. (2000) The future of the UK National Standard water facilities. WS Atkins and Andrew Hunt Consultants Ltd. DTI-NMSPU.
- Hunt A. (2000) Dynamic force calibration – establishing the value of dynamic calibration. NPL report October 2000.
- Higham E.H., Unsworth P.J., Perovic S., Clark C., Cheesewright R., Bissett D., Sproston J.L., Owen I., White M.D., Beck M.S. and Hunt A. (1999) Verification of Flowmeter Performance. Final Report Project GR5 DTI-NMSPU.
- Hunt A. (1998) Standards for dynamic measurement of force, torque and pressure. National Physical Laboratory, November 1998.
- Hunt A. (1998) Standards for the measurement of vacuum and trace moisture in industrial vacuum processing. National Physical Laboratory, November 1998.
- US 4856344 (A. Hunt and L.J.S. Bradbury) Measuring flow in a pipe. 1986.
- US 4974452 (A. Hunt) Homogenizing and metering the flow of a multiphase mixture of fluids. 1986.
- US 5017879, GB 2255643 (G. Lucas, M. Beck and A. Hunt) Capacitive void fraction measurement apparatus. 1988.
- US 5174161 (A. Veneruso and A. Hunt) Wireline and coiled tubing retrievable choke for downhole flow measurement. 1990.
- US 5047632 (A. Hunt) Method for determining dynamic flow characteristics of multiphase flows. 1990.
- US 5284207, GB 2255793 (S. Bittleston, A. Hunt and M. Tehrani) Method of cleaning a wellbore prior to a cementing operation. 1994.
- US 5306911 (A. Hunt) Method for determining the flow rate of aqueous phases in a multiphase flow. 1994.
- GB 2390683 (A. Hunt, J.D. Pendleton and M. Byars) Flow Measurement. 2002.
- EP 2031381 (M. Byars, A. Hunt, J. Pendleton D. Erhardt) Method and Apparatus for determining moisture or density of a material. 2009